Tuesday 28 August 2012

REVIEWS on HH Tulip Sleeves Peplum Top & AA Textured Peplum Skirt

Hollyhoque Tulip Sleeves Peplum Top - Brick Red
Lucky me manage to grab hold of the last pc of Tulip Sleeves Peplum Top in Brick Red a day after the launch :DD I was contemplating whether to get this top initially, fearing that the tulip sleeves will emphasize on my flabby arms instead of the slimming effect Sheila mentioned, but came to realise my concern was redundant.

The fitted, overlapping tulip sleeves indeed gave a slimming illusion of my arms :))) Not only that, I feel that it gave a slimming illusion overall, especially with the girly peplum design :D Furthermore, the jersey cotton material used is just so comfy & cooling when worn.

Chose the Brick red, which is a new colour addition to my wardrobe, & I simply love it. This top can be easily paired with bandage skirts & pants for work & shorts over the weekend.

Another must have item from HH :)



Amber Avenue Textured Peplum Skirt – White (Size M)
I’ve been searching for the perfect white peplum skirt for the longest time, but to no avail :( Saw the sneaks of the peplum skirt from AA’s instagram & it caught my attention IMMEDIATELY.

Manage to try at KJ over the wkends. But but but……it seems that I’m just not fated to get white peplum skirt at all :(((((

Size M fits me with allowance at the waist area (though a little tighter will be better) but it fits me super super loose at the hips/thighs area!! :((( The texture material used is acceptable for a skirt even though it is not lined (if I nv rmb wrongly). Was wearing nude undies & it seems ok. Length is suitable to be worn to work too.

Tried the Size S too & the hips/thighs area fit me much better but the waist is too tight >.< Material is not really stretchable so I dun think buying Size S is a gd choice either.

Sighzzzz…need some recommendations on where to get chiiooooo white peplum skirt man!!


No comments:

Post a Comment